Widex BEYOND Made for iPhone Hearing Aid Coming Soon
We’ve just learned some exciting news! At the end of November, Widex is set to release a Made for iPhone hearing aid, called BEYOND. The BEYOND hearing aid will be Widex’s first foray into the Made for iPhone hearing aid category.
For those of you unfamiliar with Made for iPhone hearing aids, they are what many would consider to be the new standard for wireless hearing aid connectivity. Made for iPhone hearing aids like the new BEYOND can be paired directly to iPhones, for the wireless streaming of music, phone calls, and more. This type of connectivity is in contrast to the many hearing aids on the market which still require users to purchase additional streaming accessories if they want their hearing aids to connect to their phones. Aside from streaming audio, the BEYOND allows the hearing aids to be controlled by the user via by a free iPhone app from Widex.
Here’s what we know about the new Widex BEYOND hearing aids so far:
- Built on the Unique platform: The new BEYOND hearing aid will be built on the same successful platform that powers all of Widex’s current hearing aids. BEYOND will have the same sound processing and audiological features, with of course the added Made for iPhone connectivity. The Unique platform offers excellent sound quality, and its aids have garnered overwhelmingly positive reviews.
- Updated Fusion design and name: The receiver-in-canal Fusion design is Widex’s most popular design, and it’s been upgraded in the BEYOND line, and will be called Fusion2. The BEYOND Fusion2 will look very similar to the current Widex Unique Fusion hearing aids, with an updated push-button design, and an extended mic-grid design which runs along the entire back of the hearing aid.
- Available in 3 technology levels: The BEYOND hearing aid will be available in the 220, 330, and 440 technology levels. So the complete product names will be Widex BEYOND 220 Fusion2, BEYOND 330 Fusion2, and BEYOND 440 Fusion2.
- Amazing battery life: Widex claims that the BEYOND battery life is the best in the industry, with an average current drain (while streaming 25% of the time), that is significantly lower than the closest competitor with no streaming at all. Since Made for iPhone hearing aids are notorious for burning through batteries quickly, this is great news for those who like to stream audio to their hearing aids.
- Improved water-resistance: The Unique Fusion was already a tough hearing aid, but the BEYOND casing has been upgraded to be even more water-resistant, which means BEYOND hearing aids will spend even less time in the repair shop.
For more detailed information, check out the BEYOND brochure.
Price of Widex BEYOND hearing aids
Our price for BEYOND hearing aids will be as follows:
As soon as we get our first order of BEYOND hearing aids in, we’ll create dedicated product pages, with user reviews, 360 degree photos, more information on pricing, and much more, so stay tuned! BEYOND hearing aids are not available yet- but we’ve already got our order in with Widex, and are taking pre-orders now! We expect our first BEYOND customers to be fit with their new hearing aids in the last week of November.
Update! Widex BEYOND hearing aids are now available!
If you have any questions about these new hearing aids, please feel free to post them in the comments section below.