5 Things That Will Suprise You About Your New Hearing Aids
Many people have preconceived notions about how hearing aids look, sound, feel, and perform. However, first-time hearing aid wearers are almost always surprised by their new hearing aids in one way or another.
Here are the top 5 things our customers tell us surprise them the most about their new hearing aids.
- How much sound they were missing. Whether it’s birds chirping, the shuffling of papers, or the laughter of little ones, people are always surprised how much they have slowly stopped hearing over time. Hearing loss usually happens at such a slow pace that it’s easy to lose awareness of some of these sounds, but when they all come back at once with the help of hearing aids, it really blows people away.
- How comfortable they are. Many first-time hearing aid wearers express concerns of having something in their ears all day. Is it going to be itchy, sweaty, painful, or just annoying? In most cases, hearing aids are in fact so comfortable that after a very short time you’ll forget you’re even wearing them.
- How few people notice they are in your ears. A big concern for a lot of first-time hearing aid wearers is having a discreet hearing aid that no one can see. It’s been my experience that the vast amount of time, even if your hearing aids aren’t 100% invisible, very few people notice them. What is more common, is wearers bragging to others about their new hearing aids and how discreet they are. Although I don’t believe hearing aids need to be hidden, they will go unnoticed by almost everyone.
- How important they become. When many of our customers first purchase hearing aids they think they’ll only want to wear them a few hours a day or only on special occasions. In reality, once most people hear the difference hearing aids make they become a daily necessity.
- How much they impact one’s social life. Concentrating on hearing others and constantly repeating yourself can be so exhausting that in some cases it leads to social isolation. I have seen many customers whose lives have changed after being fit with hearing aids which helped them hear better in social situations.
Was there something that surprised you when you first starting wearing hearing aids? Please post a comment below and add to our list!