ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship
About Our Scholarship
At ZipHearing, we strive to give as much information as possible to others on advances in hearing technology. We work every day to ensure that hard of hearing individuals can get the best hearing devices and advice.
Losing your hearing is a life-changing experience and we believe that having access to devices developed using the latest research is crucial for hard of hearing individuals. Finding a device that suits the person can take some trial and error, so we offer free trials as well as connecting them with local care providers.
Awareness of hearing health is fundamental; we know too well how hard of hearing individuals can struggle with their education, and how hard of hearing people are not always understood or empathized with. As well as inspiring empathy and knowledge, using the correct terminology and knowing how to offer help to those affected is important.
As part of our ambition to raise awareness, we are offering a scholarship to the student who can best explore the importance of hearing health in a well researched and empathetic written piece. Please see our previous winners on this page who have made incredible contributions to our awareness push.
The scholarship award is for $1000.
Who is Eligible?
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students affected by hearing health either personally or in relation to friends or family members.
- Students must have an interest in health and technology
Required Application Details
- Please write an 800-1,000 word essay answering the following questions:
- Why is hearing health awareness so important to you?
- How do you think hearing health care can be made more affordable?
- What improvements can be made to assist hard of hearing individuals?
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
- Please submit the scholarship form below.
How To Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply: ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship
All applications must be submitted by November 1 every year. A winner will be selected and notified from November 15th.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from ZipHearing.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about the ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scholarship award provided by ZipHearing will be sent by check to the winning candidate’s college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
Applicants are not required to give any sensitive information or pay to apply for this scholarship, or to receive the scholarship should they win. Applicants retain all the rights to their work, we encourage applicants to use their essays to help spread awareness.
Based out of San Diego, ZipHearing is a small team of hearing providers and web pros who are committed to helping you save money on hearing aids. To accomplish this, we built a nationwide network of licensed hearing providers who have contracted with us to deliver state-of-the-art hearing services at discounted prices. Although we're a small team, working closely with over 700 ZipHearing provider locations makes us feel like one big family.
The 2019 Scholarship Winner
Oklahoma State University
November 15, 2019
The ZipHearing team is excited to announce Hagan Sprouse as the winner of The 2019 Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship for $1,000. Hagan Sprouse attends Oklahoma State University. Candidates had to craft and submit an essay describing their thoughts on hearing health awareness.
The 2018 Scholarship Winner
University of Maryland, College Park
November 15, 2018
The ZipHearing team is excited to announce Allison Garey as the winner of The 2018 Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship for $1,000. Allison attends the University of Maryland, College Park as an undergraduate student majoring in Music and English. Candidates had to craft and submit an essay describing their thoughts on hearing health awareness.
Applications for the 2020 Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship are now open.