ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship
About Our Scholarship
At ZipHearing, we strive to give as much information as possible to others on advances in hearing technology. We work everyday to ensure that hard of hearing individuals can get the best hearing devices and advice.
Losing your hearing is a life changing experience and we believe that having access to the devices built on the latest research is crucial for hard of hearing individuals to manage their hearing loss. Finding a device that suits the person can take some trial and error, so we offer free trials as well as connecting them with local care providers.
Awareness is necessary to keep in check with your own health, as well as inspiring empathy and knowledge; using the correct terminology and knowing how to offer help to those affected. As part of our ambition to raise awareness, we are offering a scholarship to one undergraduate student who can best explore the importance of hearing health in a well researched and empathetic written piece.
The scholarship award is for $1000.
Who is Eligible?
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- An interest in health and technology
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000-1,500 word essay answering the following questions:
- Why is hearing health awareness so important to you?
- How do you think hearing health care can be made more affordable?
- What improvements can be made to assist hard of hearing individuals?
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
- Please submit the scholarship form below.
How To Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply: ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment - Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by November 1, 2019. A winner will be selected and notified by November 15, 2019.
Additional Scholarship Details
- Winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from ZipHearing.
- Scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about the ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship can be directed to: email@example.com
- The scholarship award provided by ZipHearing will be sent by check to the winning candidate’s college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants ZipHearing permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and essay on ziphearing.com or in other marketing communications, even if the candidate does not win the scholarship. We are also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application.
Once a winner has been selected and announced, we will destroy all sensitive information relating to the applicant.
We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the ZipHearing Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants ZipHearing, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by ZipHearing .
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on ziphearing.com website.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on ZipHearing social media pages.
Based out of San Diego, ZipHearing is a small team of hearing providers and web pros who are committed to helping you save money on hearing aids. To accomplish this, we built a nationwide network of licensed hearing providers who have contracted with us to deliver state-of-the-art hearing services at discounted prices. Although we're a small team, working closely with over 700 ZipHearing provider locations makes us feel like one big family.
The 2018 Scholarship Winner
University of Maryland, College Park
November 15, 2018
The ZipHearing team is excited to announce Allison Garey as the winner of The 2018 Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship for $1,000. Allison attends the University of Maryland, College Park as an undergraduate student majoring in Music and English. Candidates had to craft and submit an essay describing their thoughts on hearing health awareness.
Applications for the 2019 Hearing Health Awareness Scholarship are now open.