Miracle Ear Hearing Aids [Costs, Reviews, Models]
They’re one of the best known hearing aid brands in the world, and as the name implies, you’d expect Miracle Ear hearing aids to be nothing short of miraculous.
But are they?
How about their prices? Are they reliable? What are customers saying about them?
In this post we’ll touch on all of the above, and try to help you decide if Miracle Ear is right for you.
- History of Miracle Ear
- Who Makes Miracle Ear Hearing Aids?
- Are Miracle Ear Hearing Aids Good?
- Miracle Ear Models
- Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Prices
- Pros and Cons of Miracle Ear Hearing Aids
- Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Reviews
- Find a Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Center
History of Miracle Ear
Miracle Ear is about as American as companies come.
Upon completion of a remarkable tour with the Army Air Corps in WWII, founder Ken Dahblerg started a small electronics company in 1948.
In the mid 1950’s Miracle Ear’s first “claim to fame” was their release of the world’s first all in-the-ear hearing aid, which at the time was quite a feat, and made possible by the newly invented transistor.
Miracle Ear enjoyed tremendous growth in the years that followed, and today has over 1,500 locations in the United States, some of which are corporately-owned retail stores, while others are franchised.
Who Makes Miracle Ear Hearing Aids
Sivantos manufacturers Signia hearing aids, and based on the pictures and technology descriptions on Miracle Ear’s website, it appears that Miracle Ear hearing aids may be private-labeled Signia hearing aids, or at least, very similar technology.
Are Miracle Ear Hearing Aids Good?
Since Miracle Ear is sourcing hearing aids from Sivantos, there is no question as to the quality of Miracle Ear hearing aids.
So, we know Miracle Ear hearing aids are good.
But, a hearing aid is only as good as the individual hearing care provider who is programming the hearing aid.
The correct question to ask then, is “are Miracle Ear hearing care providers good?”
The answer to that, of course, will vary depending on the location.
We’ll touch on this more below in the reviews section.
Miracle Ear Models
After reviewing Miracle Ear’s website, it is safe to assume that Miracle Ear’s best selling models are as follows:
- Miracle-EarCONNECT™ | Comparable Signia model: Signia Pure X
- Miracle-EarENERGY™ iRIC R Hearing Aid | Comparable Signia model: Signia Styletto
- Miracle-EarMEMINI™ ReadyFit™ | Comparable Signia model: Signia Silk
Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Prices
Miracle Ear doesn’t list prices on their website, but this isn’t uncommon in the hearing aid industry.
Pros and Cons of Miracle Ear Hearing Aids
Carefully weigh the pros and cons below before making a purchase decision.
- Lifetime service: As long as your hearing aids last, service at any Miracle Ear location is included with your purchase at no additional cost.
- Good technology: Because Miracle Ear sources their hearing aids from a reputable manufacturer, Sivantos, you can rest-assured that you are buying excellent technology.
- Locked hearing aids: Miracle Ear hearing aids are locked by their software, which means that if you’re not happy with your provider, you’ll need to find another Miracle Ear store for programming of your hearing aids. A hearing aid dispenser outside of the network cannot adjust the aids. You may have to travel some distance to another Miracle Ear provider, because stores tend to get exclusive geographical territories.
- Prices may be high: Because stores tend to get geographical territories exclusively, and locations are typically located a good distance from each other, there is little-to-no-pricing competition for a Miracle Ear model between various locations.
- Limited selection: Most Miracle Ear centers offer Miracle Ear products exclusively, without access to other brands.
Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Reviews
The most important thing to do when searching for Miracle Ear reviews is to search for local reviews, as the local provider you work with will make all the difference in your experience.
There are few product reviews on Miracle Ear hearing aids online, but the following resources provide a little insight, as of November ’20:
Retirement Living rates Miracle Ear 4 out of 5 stars, lauding their customer service, but noting that costs may be high.
Consumer Affairs ranks the company as 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 336 customer reviews, however, they do note that “pricing could be more transparent.”
Find a Miracle Ear Hearing Aid Center
If you’re looking for a Miracle Ear location near you, we recommend using the website’s store locator tool.
You have nothing to lose by visiting a Miracle Ear for a free consultation, so you can get a feel for the local service provider and the complete package they offer.
Miracle Ear makes a good product, and the large size of their company means they certainly have the wherewithal to take care of their customers- wherever they may be.
We do strongly recommend reading reviews on your local Miracle Ear hearing aid center before paying them a visit.
The bottom line is, you could do a lot worse than Miracle Ear. If you are happy with the local Miracle Ear hearing care provider and feel their price is reasonable, Miracle Ear could be an excellent option.
A Question for You
Have you tried Miracle Ear hearing aids? How was your experience?
Let us know in the comments below!